What a crazy weekend! I recently graduated from the University of California, Irvine on Friday June 11th! On Saturday, my family gave me a Graduation Party and on Sunday I sort of moved into my apt with my boyfriend Ryan.
Today, I started my internship at the Getty. It was certainly an eventful first day! There was some sad news delivered to us in the morning, when our Intern Coordinator told us that the President/CEO of the Getty passed away unexpectedly this past Friday. From what I heard he was a healthy man and only 69 years old. His death came as a shock.
On a lighter note, the Museum had 3 very special V.I.P. visitors! The first lady, Michelle Obama and her daughters Malia and Sasha came to visit! The museum is normally closed on Mondays, but today there was security throughout the premises that accommodated for the Obamas! Although we (the interns) didn't get to meet them, I definitely got to see them from a distance!
It's so weird knowing that I was that close to them! Or in the same area as them! I'm very excited to intern at the Getty this Summer. I can't wait to visit other art museums with my pass! Aaahhh! I love the perks!
No comments:
Post a Comment