Thursday, 3 June 2010

Things I regret about college!

I think I should write these things down, so if ever someone wants advice about attending college I could tell them to:

1. Get involved on campus- clubs, organizations, Greek life, etc., whatever it may be I think it is possible to join these extracurricular activities without losing sight of who you are.
2. Work out- There's plenty of food to try on and around campus, but you should also remember to take care of yourself or that food will eat you!
3. Making sure your always on TRACK academically- Now that I'm about to graduate, I'm thinking, "I could have double-majored" or "I could have taken this class" or picked up another minor or a certificate. Looking back, I could have done more!
4. Research- It's embarrassing to say that I went to a 4-year research University and did not conduct a research project of my own!
5. Find a part time job- I will be graduating in debt. I should have been finding a job then accepting loans on my computer. Again, I found the easy way out, but now I literally have to pay back.

Even thought UC Irvine was not my first choice, I see the campus expanding and maturing for the better. I am happy that I attended, but if I could have done it all over again, I wish I would have applied to more schools and had visited them beforehand.

No comments: